Wine Laboratory Manager (uniWines Vineyards)
Closing Date : 2022-08-01
Closed : Yes
uniWines Vineyards is offering an exciting opportunity for a candidate with strong problem solving, analytical & logical thinking skills, to join their team at its premises in Rawsonville, Western Cape.
The successful candidate will be responsible for: *staff management *maintenance, operation & sample analysis on laboratory instrumentation *calibration & verification checks *consumable stock evaluation *preparation of standard stock & quality control solutions *analysis & reporting of proficiency testing samples *trend analysis *supervision of laboratory staff *internal assessments and audits *fulfil Technical Signatory functions *research projects *development of test methods *all ad hoc financial functions related to the position.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience:
• BSc-degree in Chemistry/bio-chemistry/micro-biology;
• 5 years’ experience in a wine intrinsic laboratory; including 3 years’ experience with lab instrumentation - Bruker, FTIR, and all standard wine lab instrumentation;
• Experience with the ISO/IEC 17025;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Afrikaans & English;
• Advanced computer skills (MS Office and WineMS) and applied statistical skills;
• Valid driver’s license and own reliable transport.
Please apply online at www.m3online.co.za before 09:00 on 1 August 2022.
For general enquiries, contact our team at M3 Human Capital Management on 021 863 1444.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates are contacted. If no feedback is received within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application was unsuccessful.