Closing Date : 2022-07-22
Closed : Yes
Namaqua Wines currently has the above exciting opportunity available for an Accountant based at their Vredendal Wine Cellar.
The ideal candidate is an independent, detail-oriented and articulate individual with a keen sense of responsibility, and has the ability to multitask and work under pressure.
The successful candidate will report to the Group Financial Manager and will be responsible for (but not limited to): *accurate processing of bank accounts and bank reconciliations *accurate processing of invoices and reconciliations of debtors, attend to queries and necessary journals *review processed creditors, adding of new suppliers, reconciliation of creditors and review Month End payment pack *timely submission of statutory Returns (VAT201/SAWIS/Customs & Excise) *monthly trial balance *ensuring all balance sheet accounts are reconciled *complete and review pooled accounts *input, processing, and management of general ledger function *debtors’ collections *customer invoicing and statements foreign currency revaluation *bulk wine stock control and reconciliation *maintain the general ledger and subsidiary ledgers on EzyWine *all other tasks related to the position.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
• Bachelor’s Degree or National Diploma in Accounting or similar with completed articles (SAIPA or SAICA);
• 5-8 years’ experience in a similar position, preferably in a wine cellar environment with bulk wine, pool accounts and SAWIS returns;
• Strong analytical & computer skills (Ezywine and MS Office, especially Excel);
• Excellent time-management & organizational skills;
• Valid driver’s license and own reliable transport.
Please apply online at www.m3online.co.za before 09:00 on 22 July 2022.
For general enquiries, contact our team at M3 Human Capital Management on 021 863 1444.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates are contacted. If no feedback is received within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application was unsuccessful.