Logistics & Fleet Controller (Northern Cape)
Closing Date : 2021-09-30
Closed : Yes
Our client, an agricultural company situated in the Upington area (Northern Cape), has the abovementioned position available in their logistics department focussed on the transport of fertilizer, agricultural chemicals, and other agricultural products.
The ideal candidate is a dynamic, independent, fully bilingual (Afrikaans & English) individual with excellent problem-solving and interpersonal skills and can function well under pressure.
The successful candidate will be responsible for (but not limited to): *all aspects related to fleet management *scheduling collection and delivery of products *monitoring of truck routes *management of orders *handling of relevant documentation *recordkeeping *liaison with drivers and clients *staff management *expansion of customer base *all administrative tasks related to the role.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience:
• Matric is a requirement, a tertiary qualification in Logistics or similar will be to the candidate’s advantage;
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role in a logistics/transport environment;
• Basic knowledge of mechanical and electrical truck maintenance (a relevant qualification will be to the candidate’s advantage);
• Thorough administrative and planning skills;
• Excellent computer literacy (MS Office, specifically Excel);
• Code 14 driver’s license with PDP;
• Hazchem training will be to the candidate’s advantage.
• Willingness to work overtime and weekends;
• Willingness to stand in as driver when needed.
Commencement date: As soon as possible
Please apply online at www.m3online.co.za before 09:00 on 30 September 2021.
For general enquiries, contact our team at M3 Human Capital Management on 021 863 1444.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates are contacted. If you don’t hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application was unsuccessful.