Senior Winemaker (Merwida Winery)
Closing Date : 2021-05-21
Closed : Yes
Merwida Winery, situated in the Breede River Valley near Rawsonville, has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic person with good work ethic and the ability to work within a team environment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for (but not limited to): *coordination of harvest activities with the General Manager *the winemaking process *blending and stabilization of wine *ensuring compliance with relevant quality standards (FSSC22000, ISO, HACCP, BRC), accreditations/certifications (IPW, SAWIS), and ethical audits (WIETA) *inventory management and product administration *cellar hygiene and health & safety requirements *liaison with suppliers *cellar staff management *all other tasks related to the position.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience:
• A relevant qualification in Viticulture and Oenology;
• Approximately 10 years’ independent winemaking experience;
• Thorough knowledge of relevant quality systems and accreditations;
• Fully bilingual (Afrikaans & English);
• Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office, Wine MS, SAWIS);
• Driver’s license and own reliable transport.
Commencement date: As soon as possible.
In return, Merwida Winery offers a competitive compensation package.
Please apply online at www.m3online.co.za before 09:00 on 21 May 2021.
For general inquiries, please contact our Recruitment Team on 021 863 1444.
If you do not receive a response within 2 weeks of the closing date for applications, please assume that your application was unsuccessful.