Junior Farm Manager: Table Grapes (Exports)
Closing Date : 2020-06-16
Closed : Yes
Our client, situated between Wellington and Paarl, currently has the above position available for a driven individual with strong interpersonal and communication skills (Afrikaans & English), as managing people will be core to this role.
The ideal candidate can work independently, is self-motivated, can handle pressure and shows initiative to enhance and help grow the farming activities.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Farm General Manager and will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following: *overall management function *planting *fertilizing *disease and pest control *pruning programs *weed control *staff management *general administration *maintenance *handling of cash *all other tasks related to the position.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience:
• A relevant tertiary qualification in Viticulture and Oenology or similar would be beneficial;
• Minimum 2 years’ practical experience in a similar role;
• Experience in table grape farming for the export market would be to the candidate’s advantage;
• Excellent computer literacy (MS Office);
• Willingness to work hard and having a passion for the outdoors and farming activities is critical.
Commencement date: As soon as possible
Please apply online at www.m3online.co.za before 17:00 on 16 June 2020.
For general enquiries, contact our team at M3 Human Capital Management on 021 863 1444.
If you don’t hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application was unsuccessful.