Junior IT Technician
Closing Date : 2021-06-07
Closed : Yes
Our client, an IT services and solutions provider situated in Paarl, is seeking the services of an analytical, process driven individual to form part of their team.
The duties will entail, but is not limited to: *Administer network and data security, including directory, group policy, firewalls, virus protection, VoIP and email security *Perform data backups to ensure all client-owned work is saved *Install and update network system improvements *Install and configure wireless networking equipment *Install network cables *Monitor servers, LAN/WAN, VoIP and Wi-Fi to ensure full coverage *Assist with the design, implementation, and support of new software, hardware and features *Evaluate connectivity issues, equipment, and software and hardware *Respond to IT issues, hardware maintenance, software, networking, etc. *Provide helpdesk and technical support either by phone, remote access, or site visits *Oversee troubleshooting for system errors *Set up equipment for new users and employees *Consult with vendors and clients to integrate and update company technology *Ensure system optimization for all technology resources *All other duties related to the role.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience:
• Tertiary qualification in IT/Computer Science;
• A+ & N+ and MCSE Certification will be to the candidate's advantage;
• Approximately 2 years' experience in a similar position;
• Knowledge of IT networks, all Microsoft products, as well as Windows Server and Microsoft 365 knowledge;
• Knowledge in problem resolving and installing of 3rd party apps;
• Knowledge of the Unifi product, CCTV systems, analogue and IP will be to the candidate's advantage;
• Valid driver's license & own reliable transport.
Commencement date: As soon as possible.
Please apply online at www.m3online.co.za before 09:00 on 7 June 2021.
For general inquiries, please contact our Recruitment Team on 021 863 1444.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates are contacted. If you do not receive a response within 2 weeks of the closing date for applications, please assume that your application was unsuccessful.